Many shelters are at max occupancy. Unfortunately, not all shelters are no-kill shelters, meaning many pets will not live out their full lives if they are not adopted or saved in time.
Fostering animals is something many people want and wish they could do but simply do not have the financial resources to take on a new pet in their home. Giving4Pets works with your local community to provide assistance to those who want to foster a pet that is in need. Giving4Pets is able to provide assistance with food, medicine, veterinary care, spay and neutering and training to allow for the pet to be comfortable and successfully adopted to a good home and happy family.
By offering your time, energy and safe home to an animal in need, you help the animal feel comfortable and prepared for adoption into a permanent home. This also helps prevent overcrowding and in the end, euthanizing of animals in shelters.
The common reasons cats and dogs need good foster homes are:
- They are too young to be spay or neutered and adopted out into permanent homes. When kittens and puppies are eight weeks old they can be spay or neutered and made available for adoption.
- They are nursing a litter of kittens or puppies. Although some shelters are a decent and safe environment, they are not the best place for raising babies.
- They are being treated for injuries, illness or abuse.
- They are elderly animals that require medications or higher care levels than a normal younger and healthy animal.
How to get involved:
Anyone can sign up to become a Giving4Pets foster home Ambassador and you can easily sign up by filling out the form below or you can apply at one of our stores.
All Ambassadors are fully vetted to ensure all pets are going to a safe and loving home where they will be given the attention, love and care they need to be successfully adopted.
If you are interested in becoming a Foster Amabassador you will have to:
- Be at least 18 years old. However, young people can help at home and potentially receive school credit and rewarding life skills.
- Live close to one of our locations. This is to ensure you can pick up food and supplies, and get to veterinarian or other pet services as needed. Please consider the potential commute before applying to Foster Ambassador.
- Complete the Giving4Pets Pet Foster Application
- Complete a Background Check
- Start saving lives and helping loving animals find a new home.
To get started, download the application below.