Giving4Pets Volunteer Thrift Store Sales Associate
Giving4Pets Thrift Stores are dedicated to helping animals live their best lives. We are looking for passionate Volunteer Thrift Store Sales Associates Part Time and Full Time to join our winning team and assure our customers are provided the highest level of customer service and shopping experience while visiting our stores.
- Assists the Thrift Store Associates and Manger with daily store operations including:
- Opening and closing the store
- Handling financial transactions, i.e. cash register, credit card machine, bank deposits, etc.
- Assisting customers with donations and purchases
- Working with and training volunteers/community service volunteers
- Maintaining cleanliness of the facility
- Receiving, sorting, pricing and stocking donated items
- Represents Giving4Pets in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Immediately greet and provide assistance to all customers and donors with a positive attitude.
- Stocks the Sales Floor.
- Cleans fitting rooms, break rooms, bathrooms and maintains Sales Floor presentation.
- Maintains awareness of current promotional events and sales.
- Accepts donated goods from donors.
- Processes donated goods.
- Builds and maintains effective quality working relationships with management, co-workers, customers, and donors.
- Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems.
- Promotes and demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Works flexible schedules, overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays if required. Ideally, commit to at least one weekend day/evening shift.
- Prior retail, sales, and/or cash handling experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to use a computer, telephone, and cash register
- Ability to utilize effective problem solving/decision making skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to set and accomplish work in order of priority
- Flexible work schedule, shifts will be scheduled based on business needs.
- Be able to lift at minimum 50 pounds
- Be able to stand or walk around the store for long periods of time during shift.