If you witness suspected cruelty to animals, call your local animalcontrol agency as soon as possible or dial 9-1-1 if you’re unfamiliar with local organizations. If you make a report of alleged animal cruelty, the responding agency is required to investigate.
You can also contact Giving4Pets if you feel someone is not treating an animal or pet with proper care.
Any violent or major animal abuse should be reported to the Police immediately and numbers are listed below.
The Animal Cruelty Task Force (ACTF) has sunset, but as a result of their efforts:
- The City Council approved more clearly-defined language related to animal cruelty which strengthened the city ordinance.
- Funds were raised to create “tool kits” for use by Police to safely take in to custody animal victims of abuse.
- First responders continue to be trained to deal with animal cruelty issues.
To report animal abuse or an animal in distress, contact:
- City of Phoenix Crime Stop at 602-262-6151
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office at 602-876-1681
- Arizona Humane Society at 602-997-7585, ext. 2073